The ability to understand data and extract value from it presents a critical capability in today’s data-rich world: data visualization and storytelling present key capabilities to communicate data and promote change effectively. Consequently, in this course, you will learn the foundations and principles of data visualization and embrace the power of data-enabled storytelling as a result of a detailed process. The module is structured into two parts: the first includes video lessons that will set the visualization groundwork in preparation for the second part – a live session – focused on data storytelling.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Embrace the power of data visualization and data-enabled storytelling in call-to-actions for audiences.
- Understand that communicating effectively to drive change and value involves the skillful combination of three key elements: data, narrative, and visuals.
- Apply conceptual foundations and data visualization principles through real-life examples and exercises.
- Create trustworthy, accessible, elegant, and compelling data visualizations.
- Master the narrative structure of data storytelling and plan and design a data story.