The ability to understand data and extract value from it presents a critical capability in today’s data-rich world. Consequently, through 19 lessons accompanied by examples and practical exercises, you will learn the foundations and principles of data visualization and embrace the power of data-enabled storytelling as a result of a detailed process. Moreover, learners will get an overview of 46 different data representation types and develop skills to create trustworthy, accessible, elegant, and, thus, effective data visualizations.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Contrast data visualization with related concepts.
- Embrace the power of data viz and data-enabled storytelling in call-to-actions for audiences.
- Recall, discuss, and categorize the major data representation and chart types.
- Choose effective data representation given the context and goals of the visualization project.
- Apply conceptual foundations and principles through real-life examples and exercises.
- Identify and overcome common mistakes and misleading techniques.
- Create trustworthy, accessible, elegant, and effective data visualizations.