Please note: This comprehensive course refers to the program unit “International Strategic Marketing, Market Analyses, and Planning” (UE1) in your curriculum and schedule.
From outbound to inbound marketing and challenges related to social media, the marketer faces significant shifts in a connected and data-rich world, in which boundaries between online and offline channels tend to disappear. For this reason and with a focus on data – big data, small data, and financial data – you will develop skills to activate digital marketing initiatives successfully: outbound (e.g., search, display, and video ads), inbound (i.e., search engine optimization fundamentals), and social media marketing. Furthermore, you will adopt an analytical perspective and compute digital marketing metrics and effectiveness.
Finally, in the second part of the comprehensive course, we will focus on platform business models, which have pervasively impacted various industries. While press and media coverage tends to focus on the dark sides of potential superplatforms, this online course attempts to clarify platforms’ conceptual foundations. Furthermore, you will acquire an essential set of tools and approaches to analyze and develop platforms and to find the platform in your firm’s offerings.
What you will learn
During the course you will develop and acquire abilities to:
- Explain the concepts and strategies of outbound (paid), inbound (owned), and social media (earned) marketing;
- Highlight and evaluate the importance of the metrics marketers use to measure digital marketing performance;
- Calculate and optimize a company’s marketing efforts via search ads;
- Embrace some of the latest academic research on discussed topics;
- Apply the concepts through several in-class case studies and the analysis of a real-life case study.
- Prepare leading metrics and KPIs for digital marketing analytics and link them to the firm’s financial metrics.
- Master the foundations of platforms and go beyond the hype and heated debates in media outlets;
- Evaluate platforms and their strategies according to the adopted business model.
- Discuss and develop products into defensible platforms;
- Apply platform business and strategy through the discussion of multiple examples.