The marketing function has undergone a significant evolution from marketing understood as distribution in production-oriented firms to a customer-centric, value-driven, and stakeholder-oriented management concept. With helping the customer as the marketer’s mantra, major shifts in consumer behavior, markets, and within firms have led to a multitude of practices and exert pressure on the marketing function. The Strategic Marketing online course aims at preparing (future) marketers to proactively deal with these challenges by discussing the key concepts and principles in marketing, including typical strategic marketing choices on segmentation, targeting, and positioning.
What you will learn
During the course you will develop and acquire abilities to:
- Embrace marketing as a function within the company and as a customer-focused concept beyond departmental boundaries;
- Master the basic concepts in strategic marketing;
- Adopt and apply the language and vocabulary of the marketing discipline;
- Recognize that a good marketer is a responsible marketer;
- Design a customer- and value-centered marketing plan based on the relevant marketing parameters.